The SkillsUSA Ohio championship consists of 81 Technical and Leadership contests. Participants were challenged to complete a project in their area of technical training within a specified time while being scored by a panel of judges from business, industry, and education. Top state qualifiers earned a chance to compete in the SkillsUSA championships in Louisville, KY, in June for national honors.
MVCTC State Winners are as follows:
Gold – First Place – All first place winners qualified to compete at the National SkillsUSA Contest in June!
- Justin Collins, Automotive Technology student from Twin Valley South, Automotive Service Technology Contest
- Natalie Campbell, Graphic Commercial Photography student from Wayne, Photography Contest.
- Joshua Dirksen, Heavy Equipment student from Versailles, Heavy Equipment Contest
- Cleveland Boes, MVCTC Adult Ed HVAC student, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Post-Secondary Contest
Silver – Second Place
- Dental Assistant Opening and Closing Team - Chelcee Carroll (Arcanum); Kelsea Morgan (Wayne); Richard Huynh (Northridge); Linley Spoonmore (Brookville); Morgan Bell (Miamisburg); Jaycee Groves (Carlisle); Taylor Nuse (Tri-County North); and Carly Newman (Milton-Union) – Alternate
- Elizabeth Newton, Graphic Commercial Art student from Miamisburg, Prepared Speech Contest
- Robotics and Automation students Colton Schroer from Valley View and Christian Brooks from Bethel, Robotics and Automation Technology Contest
- Michael Bilbrey, Electrical Trades student from Franklin-Monroe, Telecommunications Cabling Contest
Bronze – Third Place
- Echota Henderson, Aviation Maintenance Technician from Tri-County North, Aviation Maintenance Contest
- David Garber, Diesel Power Technology student from Arcanum, Diesel Equipment Technology Contest
- Kylie Witters, Cosmetology student from Milton-Union, Prepared Speech Contest
- Jacob Stefanco, MVCTC Adult Education student, Sheet Metal Post-Secondary Contest
For more information about MVCTC, please visit www.mvctc.com.
For over 45-years, MVCTC has been providing career technical education for 27 partner school districts encompassing five counties in Southwest Ohio. MVCTC is dedicated to providing in-demand workforce training for youth, adults, and organizations in the Miami Valley.